The Baytown-West Chambers County Economic Development Foundation Launches Commercial Gateway Listings Portal
The Baytown-West Chambers County Economic Development Foundation (www.baytownedf.org) has launched a commercial listings portal provided by Commercial Gateway. This service is synced to Commercial Gateway's properties database, and listings are updated in real time. Commercial Gateway offers the Catylist EDCLink tool to economic development groups to help attract businesses to the Texas Gulf Coast region.
The Baytown-West Chambers County Economic Development Foundation was founded in 1986 for the purpose of fostering economic growth. The Foundation serves the area located from the San Jacinto River through Chambers County, Texas.
The Economic Development Foundation is a non-profit corporation with a membership comprised of the following representatives:
- all units of government in the service area
- area industrial plant managers
- financial institutions
- small businesses
- special appointees
The Foundation seeks to accomplish its goals by 1) attracting new businesses and industries to the area, 2) working with existing businesses and industries to expand; and 3) working to enhance the capacity of infrastructure and the quality of life.
To view The Foundation's commercial listings portal click here.
The 2019 CCIM Commercial Real Estate Forecast Competition scheduled for Friday, February 15, provides one of the best opportunities to learn about the many factors affecting Houston’s complex real estate marketplace.
The annual CCIM Forecast has become one of Houston’s best attended events for commercial real estate professionals. Attendees hear seasoned industry leaders discuss market conditions as well as earn four hours of MCE credit.
Future market trends are predicted with a debate-style competition by local experts in the office, retail, industrial, land and multi-family markets. In addition to the brokers discussing the various property types, the economic picture for the region and state will be presented by Dr. Mark Dotzour, Ph.D. in a keynote address at 8 a.m. Conducted at the Norris Conference Center-CityCentre, 816 Town & Country Blvd., the Forecast concludes at noon.
Although the CCIM Forecast event is billed as a competition, the event is more about a shared perspective. The presenters listed in the table below typically agree on most substantive points. But having two presenters approach the same topic from different perspectives provides additional insight into a large, complex set of markets. One presenter may be more optimistic and the other perhaps more pessimistic, but the format creates a conversation that describes the markets in more detail than a matrix of market metrics and prognostications.
Make plans now to attend the CCIM Forecast Competition if you want to gain the knowledge to make better business decisions in the Houston and Texas Gulf Coast commercial real estate marketplace.
Friday, February 15
Norris Conference Center-CityCentre
816 Town & Country Blvd., Suite 210
7:30 a.m. Registration
Program 8 a.m. – 12 noon
Costs are: $75 for CCIM chapter members and $100 for non-chapter members. For more information, contact Ginger Coleman, (713) 783-0297, email@example.com.
The Alliance, a county-wide organization, was created as a resource and advocate for the development and diversification of the economic foundation of Brazoria County. Their mission is to support and champion the interests of Brazoria County’s existing primary employers, promote and diversify the county’s economic base and attract high-wage jobs and new capital investment in targeted industries.
The Alliance provides services such as expertise and guidance on incentives, demographic reports and impact analyses, while serving as an authorized contact with the Governor’s Office, Economic Development and Tourism.
Upcoming Commercial CE Events
Commercial Gateway is offering a commercial-focused Legal Update I & II program on October 26 for only $80 with lunch included.
(Click here for more information).
Or you may sign up for the full program and attend all of the events below for only $149. Many of the events are produced in cooperation with Bisnow and will be held at different locations.
Here's how it works: Sign-up for the series, select the events that are of interest to you, and attend the programs that you need to complete your TREC required CE. This is a 75% discount off the retail price of the individual ticket prices. (Click here for more information).
- Oct 18: Retail & Multi-Family (2 Hours CE – TREC pending)
- Oct 26: Legal Update I & II (8 Hours CE – TREC approved)
- Nov 1: Construction & Development (2 Hours CE – TREC approved)
- Nov 13: The Future of Conroe & The Woodlands (2 Hours CE – TREC approved)
- Dec 1: 2019 Commercial Real Estate Forecast (2 Hours CE – TREC pending)
(1) Produced in cooperation with Bisnow.com, Locations TBD, check CommGate.com for more details.
(2) Offered at the new West Loop Amegy Bank Building, 9th floor conference center
For more information, please call (713) 629-1900 ext. 363.
The research and customer service staff at Commercial Gateway (www.commgate.com) has been busy reloading and compiling Houston area commercial real estate data since relaunching the service in late 2017.
Members like the new software platform, provided by national technology partner Catylist and have already learned to use the intuitive user interface. The new CommGate system delivers all the marketing and research features that CommGate members came to expect since the service was initiated in April of 2001.
The subscription fee for the CommGate CIE has been equalized at $195 per broker/agent per quarter.
CommGate members may reactivate their account by updating their subscription form.
Download the CommGate Subscription form here.
Member benefits include:
• Unlimited number of listings: All listings display and are searchable across both the Commercial Gateway website and the national network of commercial listing services through the Catylist platform.
• Property Search: Members can research and access thousands of property listings and save searches.
• Alerts and Notifications: Members may receive email notifications of listings with their own customized by search criteria.
• Reports and Brochures: Members can create customized reports and brochures with dozens of options including maps, company branding, demographics, and attachments.
• Professional Broker Profiles: Members create a detailed, search-engine-optimized online resume, highlighting their expertise, property listings, recent transactions, and more.
• Export options: Members can export their data any time in XML, CSV, XLS.
For more information about these member benefits and other products, please call (713) 629-1900, extension 363, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.